Friday, 22 March 2013

House of Bears Monthly Literary Challenge

Every month our favourite crafting bears host a 'JFF' challenge with a theme based on a book of their choice.  You can see more details and link up HERE

This month it is a book that I had not heard of, and I have not read it yet - but after reading the many reviews it is definitely on my reading list.  It sounds like it may be a 'hard read'.  I cry easily and get very emotionally involved with the characters when reading a book - so tissues at the ready!

It is 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini.

For my Mini Book Page, I selected what came to me first - images of a sun and bright/warm colours.  I then introduced text - loyalty, friendship, violence, fear, hope, faith.  All of these words came up again and again in the reviews that I read.

I used Serif Craft Artist 2 Professional and several digikits.

Here is my double-sided page -


 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is very nice. We love your suns, nd the sunny style paper at the top of the first pic is really great. We think it's great that you've managed a page without reading the books, and made it so well too. Your words are spot on for this book.

    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge, we know it was a bit more difficult than other months and we appreciate the thought that goes into playing along with us.

    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on this are great. I love the range of golds and yellows you've found. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I love your owls header too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fabulous book, you should definitely read it! This sounds like an interesting challenge - I will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation - I am off to have a look about this book now :-)
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious golden colours - lovely interpretation of the challenge!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x