Wednesday, 5 April 2017

WOYWW 409 - craft room chaos

Morning everyone.  I missed last week and cannot remember why now - must have run out of time and/or energy.  Nothing crafty to show this week - my big plans and even my small plans to actually create something have not been realised yet.  I have been slowly clearing out my craft room for about a year now - but 2 days ago I sorted out my paper/card stash (a local charity are having lots from me), and now the rest of the room is getting finished off.  This means bags/boxes etc etc are all over the floor, and I need to dust/hoover certain areas before tidying up.  That will hopefully happen today - but had to fight with Doris the Donkey this morning so that the vet could sedate her.  She is surprisingly strong and heavy for her size (and her usual quiet temperament), and now my pain levels are flying up.  What fun!!


Doris finally sleep - after the vet had done the treatment and gone home!


Just some of the paper/card/CD-Roms that are going to a local charity.
I have to sort through my embellishments/ribbon etc now.


I bought this pad of lovely papers from Lidl last year and not used them yet.
Going to make some simple Easter cards this week.


My paper/card/topper storage is slimmed down and tidy.
That is my A3 inkjet printer (I also have an A4 and a laser one).

I will get round as many blogs as possible this week.  F1 is on this weekend, so always a good chance to sit down with the laptop.

Ali x

17 comments:

  1. I'm always in awe of people who manage to get rid off stuff, I am a total hoarder I'm afraid, I can use everything one day :-) Happy WOYWW Vicky #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vicky and I certainly NEED to de clutter - well done you xx have a great week - enjoy the F! :) Soojay 28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I would love to give a donkey a home but have absolutely no idea what it would entail... and so have never followed up on the idea, I might pop into Lidl later to see what they are doing this year - they do really good value seasonal stuff... . dxxx#17

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a hoarder too, although my great niece always gets a selection of crafting bits and pieces every birthday and Christmas. I haven't used any of my CDs for ages, perhaps I should be getting rid too. It's sooo hard for me so well done on your strength of purpose. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet dreams, Doris! I love donkeys! Would love to have one if we end up buying a house with some land. I've heard you can foster them? I'm hoping that way the organization would pay the vet bills and we would just have to provide a home for them. Your crafty place is looking good - you're lucky to have that many printers! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali, I had a spate of clearing out when I swapped rooms. it's surprising how much we can outgrow stuff, isn't it? How our tastes change over the years. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been down to some of our local churches/missions this morning and donated a few sacks - can't believe the space I have freed up ..... still loads to sort though so I am pleased the end is in sight of your sorting. Well done.
    have a good week and enjoy the F1 - we shall.
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB looking desk, LOVING the pic of Doris the Donk (who doesn't love a donk?) sorry about the pain levels though

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a huge sorting job, I always find it so hard to get rid of stuff but I have managed a crafty spring clean this year. It makes you feel so much better doesn't it and it's nice to be able to just have things you know you are going to use.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs Lisax #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a great start to a clearout.. if I put my mind to it, I could get rid of loads.... have a good week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning the craft room is a ongoing task for sure. It's great that you're donating a lot of supplies. I tried to do the same when I redid my room. Dorlene #37

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for clearing out some stuff! I sorted my room but didn't get rid of much of anything. I did get things more organised so I could find them easier.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need a good clean-out every once in awhile! I think last time I did that I piled everything up in the hallway for a few weeks, I think I redistributed more than I threw out or gave away though! Donkeys are known for their stubbornness, I guess yours in no exception! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you cleaning up your room. I need to take a page out of your playbook. :-)
    April #33

    ReplyDelete
  15. missed getting to WOYWW again this week. Decided I was going to visit a few and say hello none the less. I have been sick since just after Christmas and it keeps on keeping on. Hopefully I will be able to get around to getting rid of some stuff in my craft room too so I can do some crafting again. Hope the pain gets better. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are kind donating your old stash to charity, I'm sure they'll be thrilled with it. I love clearing out stuff, find it quite cathartic! I am in love with Doris, donkeys are one of my favourite animals,, hope she's better after her treatment.
    I would love to meet up sometime, am quite happy to drive over your way if that would help.
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done for trimming down your supplies. I am often over whelmed when open the craft cupboard and see how much stuff I have. Hope all goes well with Doris.
    sandra de @26

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x