Wednesday, 19 April 2017

WOYWW 411 - postcards and pain

Happy Wednesday to everyone.  I am up earlier than I have been for a while - I slept ok (with regular waking) and actually felt like getting up before the dog/cat demanded their breakfast!

Postcards - I have made a start on the 10 that I need to make for a swap that goes out on Monday.  More 'postcarding' later.  They are probably all going to be simple collages.


My workdesk with postcards ready to be completed (have started on 5 and done the 'backs' for all of them).  TV and huge stand (hubby didn't want to give them away, as it is a really good tv - but I never
watch them, so hoping he will remove it soon), which is a useful photo display area!  
My reduced pile of 'RUBs' with paper/card of various sizes.  My A3 printer with sheep (from Tiger).  The wooden box on the floor is a family heirloom - and the small stool next to it.  
A lovely piece of 'wax art' on top, which I got in a swap several years ago.  
No longer have any Pekes, but kept that hanging bone sign as a memorial.

Pain - I have been having a general flare on several days each week for the past few months (doing too much - well, attempting to do too much), and then on Monday evening (after a busy day of housework and family visiting) my right hip decided to join the party.  It was even worse yesterday and I was forced to take mainly to the sofa to avoid a huge flare, which would mean a trip to A&E for morphine.  It is still right on that edge.  I don't have any prescription painkillers, but have been trying CBD (will do a blog post about that).  I had run out of the capsules and was waiting to see if they had been helping me over the 2 months I had been taking them.  I think I have my answer now!  Have ordered some of the oil to try, alongside the balm I started using yesterday (which is great for smaller areas, but would prove very expensive for hip pain).  That should arrive tomorrow, so hopefully it will make me more comfortable/mobile.

Hope that everyone is ok.

Ali x

ETA - I keep forgetting to add the details for joining in with WOYWW - go HERE.

16 comments:

  1. Oh we used to have a huge telly like that too! It's a problem to know what to do with them isn't it? I'm afraid ours went to the great recycling yard in the sky.... your postcards are fun, a swap sounds like the perfect thing to keep you on track. Hope your pain subsides soon by using your various techniques.
    Hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO on the pain front, hope you can get it back under control - I can't "do" morphine - I think I'm allergic, getting all sorts of unpleasant side effects.

    Good luck with the postcards

    Fab too - Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your pain responds to the rest and care... sounds like you can identify when to stop to ensure you don't have to go to A&E. All the best with your postcard swap.
    sandra de @10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been struggling with the pain. I hope the remedies you have been trying make a difference. You'll just have to cut back on HW until you are recovered. Hope you get those postcards finished in time. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that making the postcards will take your mind a bit way from all the pain, take care, Vicky #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you need to go back to the CBD though not sure what it is but it obviously worked. Is it some sort of oil to lubricate. Hope things get better soon. Hope you have a good woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you manage to get free from that pain. Funnily enough my left hip started after I did the trek in Holland to the hotel and has not been right since. I am now sleeping with a pillow between my legs in bed (lie on my side) - try it, it stops me having that pain shooting and paralysing when I try to get out of bed. Not a clue what CBD is but the hospital are doing physio with me, very gentle and seems to be helping with the back pain. Now to mention the hips tomorrow when I go.
    Thinking of you.
    Hugs, Neet 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very organised and tidy workspace! (unlike mine) I am very interested in the CBD post - as a fellow sufferer of fibromyalgia I can certainly relate to the sleep problems and pain and it's always helpful to find something that actually works.
    Bernice #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali, hope you find a way to get the pain under control, there really is nothing worse than not being able to control a flare up.Have a better week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ali, you poor thing my heart goes out to you. I still have some embroidery threads waiting to come to you, the colours alone could make your heart sing. Just say the word and they are yours.

    BJ#13 just back from the dentist, still numb and trying to fill time before being allowed lunch, but not until after 2pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the TV on every time I'm in my stamping room - I like the background noise, and when I've hit a blank, watching TV for a second or two always seems to make that "aha!" moment come! I think it's because I shift my attention for a moment, and my brain is able to work things through without my conscious input! It really doesn't matter what I'm watching, but I try for shows not too interesting! LOL! I'm sorry that you are in so much pain, I hope the CBD(?) works for you! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope the pain is becoming more bearable by now.. thanks for stopping by - I agree, the windows stamp is unusual I love it! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Ali, I am so sorry about your pain. I hope you can manage it soon. I wish I had a tv in my room. But then, like you said it would take up needed space! LOL Happy WOYWW! #38

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the work space - you are beautifully organised and it's just the sort of space I like to work in, spacious and calm.
    So sorry to hear you are having problems with your hip - I have flare ups of arthritis and it can be very debilitating. I really hope your pain settles down - I haven't tried CBD but it's great you found something that works for you.
    Hope your pain keeps improving,
    Diana #6 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your heirloom box is so stunning! I love pieces like those - I fill a lot of mine with photographs that I mean to place in albums, but never seem to get around to doing so.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #27

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ali, I'm so sorry to hear about your flare and all that pain. I hope that with rest and the proper treatment it will improve really soon. I admire you for being able to do some creative stuff to take your mind off it. The postcards are fun!

    Happy WOYWW and get well soon,
    Shoshi #44

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x