Thursday, 4 May 2017

CBD oil - what is it and is it helping me?

CBD oil - or cannabidiol oil - or medical marijuana - or many other names!

I had heard of it as medical marijuana and thought it was only available in the US and perhaps other countries.  I had heard a lot of good things about its use for chronic health conditions, but always assumed that it was illegal in the UK (as I did not know what it was exactly) and something I would never get to try.

Well, then someone on a Fibromyalgia Facebook group in the UK mentioned that she was trying it, and gave a link to the Facebook group set up for people in the UK who would like to try CBD.  I joined immediately and a new world was opened up to me.  It turns out there are lots of very good suppliers of CBD based in the UK, it is legal and it could definitely help me.  (If anyone would like to join the Facebook group, it is CBD Users UK.)

I went to the website of the most-mentioned company, CBD Bros, and ordered some capsules first of all.  I had been warned of the horrible taste of the oil and thought that capsules would be a gentle introduction (turns out that the taste is ok and that dropping under the tongue is a better way of absorbing the oil, so I am now buying the oil).

The smart packaging of oil from CBD Bros.

I have been taking the oil for nearly 10 weeks now, and am still experimenting with different types/doses to see which best helps me (I take it for increasing energy, improving sleep, reducing pain/stiffness and also my Psoriasis).  Just about to order a different oil to take in the day which has been recommended by other Fibromyalgia sufferers.  (I will blog again in a few months with an update.)

I could not even start to explain all the different types of CBD oil and how it works, but this website seems to be very useful - CBD Family Information Centre

Cost - the oil I have been taking in the day costs around £20 per month for the dose I am taking currently.  A very small price to pay for reduced symptoms.

If you have any questions, then I would definitely suggest joining the Facebook group.

Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x