Wednesday, 19 July 2017

WOYWW 424 - Christmas In July

It is just about afternoon here and I am forcing myself to get this published, or the day will disappear.  I do wonder how time goes so fast.  I haven't managed to get a post typed for the past 2 weeks - due to other stuff in my life taking over, and probably not having anything to show on my craft table.

If you would like to join in with this global tour of crafty workspaces, get on over to Julia's Stamping Ground.

Today I am showing the space immediately in front of my pc, as I seem to be doing several things at once, which involve the computer, my phone, making notes, making phone calls and even doing some crafting.  I am starting on my first Christmas projects - some ATCs for a Christmas in July event in a Facebook ATC group, and also planning my very first Pocket Letter (need to do some more research into what they are exactly before I start) - just joined a Facebook group for those too.


I dusted down my Texture Boutique embossing machine (I always forget how much I love embossing), some toppers cut out ready, some ATC bases and a set of stamps from a magazine.  

I also show the floor behind my chair - my Christmas stash box needed sorting (which I do every year) and now I need to get some more bags to put the stuff in to, so it is easier to find stuff.  Buzz the Jack Russell is in his usual place - in the cat's bed.


I hope everyone is well and enjoying their summer (or winter).

Ali x



13 comments:

  1. Oh my, talk of the C word in July makes me feel quite faint...
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire, no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, I look forward to finding out what a Pocket Letter is too. I refuse to think about C yet, but I don't judge those who start early LOL. Happy WOYWW Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buzz is so cute and that cat bed is the perfect size for him! I've been thinking of getting an embossing machine because that's one thing my electronic cutter can't do - I shouldn't have sold my Big Shot! I must say that joining some art groups on FB has completely transformed my Facebook experience for the better! I use FB almost exclusively for art now - whereas before it was a constant source of frustration, now it's an endless source of inspiration! Wishing you a creative week! zsuzsa #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Ali. What fun you are having - multi tasking, by the look of it! Hope you get everythimng done and can get back to crafting in earnest.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool desk and well done on your Christmas in July - I actually had two Christmas WIP's on my desk right now too

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I always forget how I love using embossed bits in my work too. Have fun swaping ATC's and there ae a few fun FB groups on PL's too I am sure :) Have a wonderful week! xo Cheetarah WOYWW #22
    Contemplations of a Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack Russell's are amazing dogs - we had one (a female called 'Lily') - full of character and yet utterly loyal :) Buzz looks VERY comfy. I'm not showing this photograph to our Yorkie (Barkley McScruffles) as he will just think I'm giving him permission to use he cat's beds here lol
    Have a great day! :)
    Bubbles #5
    https://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/woyww-424.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. no, no not the C word.... have a great week. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the odd occasion that I've paper crafted at Julia's, embossing was the thing that I loved most! The ATC and Project Letters sound good fun, I hope you enjoy being part of the swap. And Buzz made me laugh, does the cat sleep in his bed?!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of your desk. Glad to see someone concentrating on Christmas (there's always my Christmas challenge blogs if you'd like to enter ... I'd love to see you there. Thanks for sharing what's on your workdesk. Have a good week. Hazel WOYWW 12 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right the time just flies especially when you are enjoying the crafty stuff. Hoping you have a great WOYWW, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life does seem to get in the way sometimes! Cute Christmas cards. Buzz is adorable.
    Have a great day!
    Diane #19

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ali,
    Yes, time does fly! I'm amazed that the year is half way over and my retirement date is here. I've been thinking of this day for YEARS!!!
    Buzz is a little cutie pie. The cat bed must be very comfortable.
    I'm visiting late this week!! Today is my last day on the job and I'm taking advantage!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay (28)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x