Wednesday, 2 August 2017

WOYWW 426 - new sewing machine

I hope that at least some of my readers are enjoying some warm sunshine today.  It has been raining hard in Pembrokeshire - and also 'breezy' (as the weather girl said, ie blowing a gale!).

I am very happy to be in my craft room, listening to Stephen Fry reading the Sherlock Holmes stories (I got a free credit and one month's membership to Audible, and even the 70 hours+ of this was included).  It is wonderful to have his voice accompanying my crafting/decluttering/computer work.  All schools should play these and far more would be in love with literature.

The other new thing in my life is the little sewing machine I ordered from Hobbycraft last week (and which arrived within 2 days).  Only just got it out of the packaging this morning, and looking forward to having a play with it.  Not sure when exactly - life just seems to get more busy.  Priority in my craft room today is finishing a few more ATCs for the Alphabet challenge, as trading starts on 1st September, and getting some filing done before my trays collapse!


 Isn't it cute?!  Really light and easy to move around, but seems to have lots of features for its size - and all the reviews are excellent.  
(I will do a blog post about it once I have had a chance to try it out.)

If you would like to share what is on your craft table this morning, go to Julia's Stamping Ground to join in.

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. Oh really cute!!!!!! BJ#6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little machine! I have mine stored in its box, so I hardly ever use it. Once I get a dedicated craft room, I hope I'll have enough space to have it permanently set up. Then I would use it a lot more often! Enjoy your audiobook! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, looks like a great little machine. I think, these days, far too many machines have so many bells and whistles, if you are not a professional, you could never use them all. I know mine, and it was quite a basic Toyota one, has more than I'll ever need. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, your sewing machine looks perfect. I am about to embark on my first ever ATCs, good luck with the decluttering. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali. That looks exciting - enjoy! (When you get the time!!) Here in Conwy County it's blowing a hooley but currently dry... well, at the moment, although rain may well return! Too wet to mow the lawn yet, anyway!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cut little machine - I bet you'll have a lot of fun playing with it. My Janome is a basic but heavy duty machine, i have no need of a gazillion computerised stitches which I'll never use. It's a good workhorse and I love it.
    I have been to Narbeth but it was some time ago and remember the very nice selection of shops there - it's not that far and would make a great location to meet and have a potter. To be honest, it ain't going to happen in August, I have visitors every week but maybe sometime in Sept would be good?
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali, Loving your little sewing machine. The main reason I don't often get mine out, is it is so bloomin heavy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great WOYWW Have a great week! xx Jan (31)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep thinking about getting a small sewing machine for mixed media work (definitely no clothes sewing) but have absolutely nowhere to put one. One day...! Hope you have fun with yours Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great little piece of kit, hope you enjoy using it. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun, Ali, to have such a dinky little sewing machine to play with! I have been an Audible fan for many years and now have a huge library. I adore listening to audio books especially when I am doing something really boring around the house! I am now listening on my iPad, and working my way through the Peter Diamond books by Peter Livesey. I have loved Sherlock Holmes since I was at school and do have the whole lot on Audible but they are read by Simon Vance. I love detective stories!

    Thank you for your visit - you'd be welcome to come in any time to see our new kittens lol! They are so adorable, and little Ruby has really latched on to me and loves to cuddle up whenever I'm sitting down. So funny that we chose the names of your granddaughters!!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #19

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x