Wednesday, 16 August 2017

WOYWW 428 - stash haul and the Patchwork board game

Good morning and Happy WOYWW to you all.  WOYWW is 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' and you can join in at Stamping Ground.

I staged these photos on Monday night, as we were off to our local agricultural show, Pembrokeshire County Show yesterday - and I knew that I would be exhausted this morning (and I was right - despite going to bed early I feel like a truck has run over me twice!).  We had a great time at the show, and plan to return tomorrow as well (we are Members, as it works out cheaper if you go for at least 2 days - and you get closer parking to the entrance and a very nice Members' restaurant/bar - so we can have a sit-down lunch and rest our weary limbs).

Stamps ordered from Create & Craft - with my £10 renewal of membership voucher and their various discounts, they almost had to pay me to have these!  My latest crafty bargains from TK Maxx - washi tape, napkins (it seems that they are 'thing' in crafting - will search Pinterest for instructions) and some modelling clay.

The washi tape set in closer detail - doesn't really show how glittery they are.

We enjoy playing board games in this household, and I always buy a couple of new ones every Christmas.  Yes, I know it is only August - but I started my festive shopping early, as usual - and could not resist buying this one as well.  Not had a chance to give it a go yet, but the reviews on Amazon are excellent.  I can imagine hubby's reaction, but he will enjoy it once he gets over the fact it is craft-themed!



I plan to visit as many blogs as possible this week, and also write some new blog posts (our visit to the Pembrokeshire County Show, ATC trading, starting a new embroidery project, Encaustic Art).

Ali x

15 comments:

  1. Napkins on journal pages or canvases are brilliant. Split the top layer off, use water on a brush to paint a line round the image you want to use and gently tear it out. Use collage medium or gel on the substrate, lay the napkin piece on and use the brush to smooth out and seal with more medium/gel. Great stash! Hope my explanation makes sense. Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, we have a TK Maxx, and I never think to go have a look in there. Love the glittery tape, I may go for a walk tomorrow! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The County show sounds like a great couple of days out and a nice lunch too..nice treats! I havent seen the glittery tape in so many colours, irresistible! LOve the thought of a crafty board game..we're stuck on Linkee here, so will probably not be looking for a new game this year. Famous last words!
    Hope your second day at the show is blessed with sunshine, we had it intermittently in South Wales (or WELSH Wales, but not West Wales!) with Jan, but when it shone, it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw lots of posters for the show and, had life not been so crazy, would have tried to make it over there. Next year! Love your new stash bargains - I didn't realise that TK Maxx did craft stuff - you live and learn :-)
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali. Not surprised you are exhausted! These shows are huge places - so much to see - so much walking and standing. I always envied John 'cos he had a mobility scooter!!! He survived the days much better than me.
    Have fun with all your new goodies.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Napkins on canvas or wood etc are fantastic ...love using them on gift boxes...Love the washi tape... Have a fun filled crafty week ahead... May#17

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely goodies there! I must stop by TKMaxx to check out those glittery washis! The board game looks intriguing too - I have no idea how you would play that! Sounds like you had a great time at the show! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #29

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali, what a great stash. Have fun with that! Washi tapes are something else that has not crossed my path yet. More learning and experimenting for me to do. Have a lovely week, Heather #30

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your washi tape haul and the game looks fun. Hope your hubby will like it too.
    Happy WOYWW!
    ~Rose of rose's Art Garden #36

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a great time at the Show, if tiring. the game looks good fun! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh love all your craft goodies. Have a great week xx Jan (42)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you enjoyed the mud and muck of the Agricultural show! Nice little stash you've got! I like the circle stamps, I recently bought a stencil like that and have already used it several times! As far as feeling like a truck ran over you, it doesn't seem to matter what I do on the weekends, if it involves anything different than usual, I also feel like a truck ran over me! Lately it's been the gym, achy and sore muscles at night, but luckily Tylenol makes it all better! Have more fun tomorrow! Have a great week, thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul. Love the glitter washi tape.
    April #23

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the overnight rain doesn't make the show ground too wet! We went to Burwurton show in Shropshire 2 weeks ago and the mud was awful. I guess it doesn't bother farming people so much but we townies panic! lol
    That Patchwork games look fun. x Jo #18

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tapes! So many to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x