Wednesday, 30 August 2017

WOYWW 430 - a bit of shopping

Good morning to you all - and Happy Wednesday.  Nearly another month has gone by.  A difficult month for me approaches (difficult stuff with animals and learning to live with that), but all I can do is live moment by moment - and it will pass.

What do us crafters do when we are stressed?  Go shopping of course!  In the UK that normally includes a visit to The Works, because at least we can save money whilst treating ourselves.

I did actually go there to look for a specific mixed media book that had been spotted at other branches around the UK.  Did not find it in our small branch, but a few other items caught my eye and ended up in my shopping bag.


Just a small book on abstract art - but lots of interesting stuff in it.  Cheap 3D paints, which were worth trying at that price.  A cute crochet kit.  I cannot crochet.  Therefore, I may give that away as a present.

I also bought some Skittles whilst in the supermarket.

The dark fairy digital designs were for a specific ATC swap, so one has been coloured and cut out.  I bought them from Etsy as a digital download.

The palette has some left-over Pixie Powder in a small amount of water.  You only need a tiny amount, so I leave the rest for another day (it is easily refreshed with a bit of water).

I have lots of projects to complete/start, but I really need to tackle some housework/gardening today (the amount of white hair from cat & dog, and cobwebs/dust, are threatening to take over the house) before I can sit down in my craft room again.

Ali x

12 comments:

  1. Morning Ali. Fun shopping there on your desk. Enjoy!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, yes, The Works is always sure to have some reasonably priced goodies. Smiled at the cat/dog hair comment. I always used to say when I vacuumed, that our black cat shed so much fur, I caould make another one! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, hope you get through the HW quickly so you have time to craft. I love a look round The Works too, my last find was a pack of 12 balsa wood mini frames (I didn't like the designs printed on the front, but can alter the backs to whatever colour I want). Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW have a great week xx Jan (30)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as I know there are no "The Works" stores here stateside. You've obviously found some treasures there!
    Your remarks about clearing away cobwebs and fur reminded me of something that happened here lately. A neighbor recently killed a perfectly good vacuum sweeper by using it to clear up hot weather shed fur from 2 cats (one long coated). The motor simply coughed up a lung and that was the end of that! Lolz
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stash you can't go wrong with the works I've always got a wee bargain in there... Enjoy!!! May #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shopping, yes got to love the Works! don't remember seeing skittles in white bags though, may have to check them out! thanks for stopping by. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali, I am never going back to dogs that loose their hair, it's only when you have one that doesn't that you wonder how you ever managed. Maisie and Stan are Schnauzers and don't loose hair and it has made such a difference to the amount of vacuuming we do. I always use the Pixie powders in a palette and let them dry, they are always ready for use. Have a great crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about moment by moment. And retail therapy always seems to soothe the pain.
    April #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Works for crafty stuff, you can always find something interesting can't you...and a great price too!
    Don't work too hard and thanks for popping by earlier.
    Hugs Lisax #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a stamp that says "stamping rules, housework drools". I agree with it! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot walk past a Works shop without popping in. Love that teddy bear, best of luck with it... I prefer to crochet than knit.
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x